We learned a little bit about Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality and some of the differences and uses are of these types of technology.

Virtual reality is a computer-generated simulation of a 3D image. It allows users to explore different worlds and have unique experiences. Rich McCue (richmccue.com) introduced us to many of the concepts involved in this sort of technology and then we were able to explore on our own in a virtual world. We were allowed the opportunity to explore any space we wanted to learn more about. I found the experience to be really engaging and I felt as though I was actually there on the beaches of Spain.

photo: unsplash

Augmented reality is an interactive experience of real-world environments where non-real world objects reside. This has become popular with games such as pokemon go. We were able to see an example of this by seeing on an iPad a small elephant walking around our classroom.

More information about AR and VR can be found at the following site: https://onlineacademiccommunity.uvic.ca/dsc/